About the Client
In October 1998, Memorial Health Alliance and West Jersey Health System merged to create Virtua Health, the largest healthcare provider in southern New Jersey.
- Upgrade current functionality to PS HCM 8.9
- Eliminate costly customizations where possible through process changes and improved system functionality.
- Use the implementation as a means to lay the groundwork for a full TAM/CG implementation in 2007 and to improve overall system performance and maintenance.
- Person Model aids the organization in the tracking of different employment relationships.
- Assistance in fine-tuning the relationship between the organization and its Web hosting provider and help streamline and optimize all aspects of the interface between the two.
- Thorough capacity planning was conducted in advance of the implementation to identify infrastructure upgrades needed to accommodate anticipated growth in both system and user requirements.
- The desired foundation was established for the planned TAM/CG implementation. The strong functional users utilized an automated upgrade assistant to assess customizations and to determine which did not need to be carried forward tothe new system.
- Broad user acceptance and satisfaction with upgraded system as the overall system performance improved after assisting the organization’s hosting partner with a tuning process.
- Through broad client technical preparedness, including capacity planning, the project was implemented in a smooth and timely manner.
- Customizations were reduced by nearly 50%, providing Virtua Health with financial savings through less expenditure at the time of upgrade as well as lower ongoing support costs.
- Other savings included time savings during the implementation process and lessened support times as the upgraded software was utilized out of the box and PeopleSoft provides more expedient user support.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!