About the Client
The University of Delaware has grown from its founding as a small private academy in 1743 to a major university. As one of the oldest land-grant institutions, as well as a sea-grant, space-grant, and urban-grant institution, Delaware offers an impressive collection of educational resources. As the largest university in the state, the main campus is in Newark with satellite campuses in Dover, Wilmington, Lewes, and Georgetown.
- CherryRoad successfully completed the upgrade and enhancement of The University of Delaware’s Oracle/PeopleSoft Enterprise Financial and HRMS systems.
- Performed simultaneously, the on time, on budget upgrades bring the University’s PeopleSoft environment up to version 8.9 and strengthen its ability to realize the full potential of the University’s technology investment.
- By effectively leveraging the new version 8.9 functionality, the University has improved its overall ease of operations and usage of the system while significantly reducing the need for customizations. In addition, the University of Delaware used the opportunity to implement newly delivered functionality to improve its current business processes.
- Departments most notably affected by the upgrades include Procurement Services, General Accounting, Research Office, Budget Office, Billing & Collection, Cashiers’ Office, Associate Treasurer’s Office â€“ Financial Services, as well as the Human Resources Office.
- When the University of Delaware partnered with CherryRoad on their HR system upgrade, they were pleasantly surprised in several ways. CherryRoad provided far stronger project management than the University’s prior implementation partners had, which meant an improved upgrade process and on-schedule completion. For example, by opening the lines of communication across the Database Administration, IT, and HR departments, CherryRoad ensured a smoother upgrade and a better end result. Overall, CherryRoad’s team helped University staff to improve and interconnect work processes and better leverage their ERP system. And because CherryRoad delivered the HR system upgrade under budget, the University was able to apply the remaining budget dollars to implementing the Benefits Billing application. So CherryRoad not only delivered the upgrade on time and under budget, they also provided the University with greater-than-expected functionality.
CherryRoad offers knowledge and insights that help higher education institutions maximize enterprise performance. Our impressive track record of successful ERP engagements includes higher education institutions such as the University of Delaware and New York University.
- We understand the complex needs and environments of higher education institutions. They face intense competitive pressures as web-smart students increasingly demand leading-edge learning environments and enhanced services. Many are attempting to accommodate enrollment increases under tight budget constraints and funding shortfalls â€“ at the same time, they’re attempting to respond to higher expectations for fiscal responsibility. And, often, universities and colleges are struggling to operate effectively with aging stand-alone systems.
- CherryRoad helps higher education institutions integrate and automate administrative information. We understand how to accommodate higher education requirements ranging from varying pay cycles to complex tenure and grant tracking.
- After completing an ERP project at the University of Delaware, our clients said in a â€œthank youâ€ letter to CherryRoad: â€œWe are glad to be at the successful conclusion of our implementation. We have learned a lot from the experience and even more from our CherryRoad team. To us, they are worth their weight in gold.â€
- CherryRoad’s experience with institutes of higher learning as well as our flexible approach to service delivery is evident in our ongoing relationship with New York University (NYU), one of the largest private universities in the U.S. We began working with NYU in 2001 when we created customized documentation for their Financial and Reporting system and then trained students in a mixture of topics based upon their needs. We also conducted user training on General Ledger and other systems for the School of Medicine.
- NYU engaged us again to complete an Asset Management Fit/Gap Analysis. CherryRoad also led a project to consolidate the NYU Technical Support Desk, which supported the technology needs of NYU employees and students. Regardless of the service, NYU knows they can rely on CherryRoad to help maximize the return on their ERP investment.
- As a result of the success of the HR system upgrade, the University of Delaware engaged CherryRoad again for their Financial and HR upgrades to version 8.9